Should I Do Private Lessons?
Unlike the Unlimited Membership at Turkishaholic, which let’s you have access to various Turkish learning materials and video courses and learn Turkish at your own pace, online private lessons are a bit different.
If you are thinking about doing private Turkish lessons with any of our Turkish teachers, please think of the answers you would give to the below questions:
- Are the explanations of the video courses at Turkishaholic not clear enough or do you have questions that can’t be answered at the Turkishaholic Community Forums?
- Do you need to learn Turkish at a faster rate and need personal assistance on this subject?
- Will you be able to adjust to a strict learning program (at least two one-hour lessons a week?)
- Will you be able to do your homework and your teacher’s recommendations on a daily basis?
- If you are a zero-beginner, you will need at least 3 months (two lessons a week) to reach Pre-Intermediate level (results may vary from person to person). Will you be able to financially support the cost of the lessons? (Two lessons a week is optional, you can do just a single lesson, but it won’t be that effective).
I recommend private lessons for people who are serious about learning Turkish. Most of our teachers have a strict working schedule and they want their students to be serious about learning this language. Certainly, we like to have free-discussions in Turkish apart from grammar lessons from time to time but we want our students to succeed too!
If you’re willing to dedicate yourself to learning Turkish at this level, we’ll gladly help you!